Fishing at Ship Creek
This morning Grandpa, Louisa, and I (Ursula) went fishing at Ship Creek for King Salmon. As we neared the parking lot, it seemed that everyone had decided to go fishing on the same day as us. The banks of the river was literally teeming with people who were all fishing. One guy caught a fish and his friend was taking video, not helping. But he was struggling with the pole and called out, "hey, I need help. Get the net!" Finally the video guy got a tiny net and helped him catch the fish. We had been fishing for a long time when I finally got a bite. It was tugging really hard on the line but I didn't know what to do so I was just holding on to it. Then it got away. After that we fished for a long time and nothing happened. A bunch of people left. We decided to pack up and go home and we had gotten all the poles and gear except for Louisa who was still fishing. Grandpa walked over to her to help her put it away and asked Louisa why her line was moving. She said her line was caught on some rocks. But he realized there was a fish on the end of the line. So he helped her hold it and start to reel it in. He called me to get the net and so I brought it over. He tried to scoop it up several times. We forgot to bring the fish-bonker so we just took the hook out of its mouth. Then we started fishing again. A while after that the tide had gone down and there was too much slippery mud to get close to the water so we had to leave. Guess what is for dinner tonight?
that fish was so good!
ReplyDelete