Saturday, August 8, 2015

Letters from Camp

Dear Mom, Dad, and sisters,
Camp is awesome! well, except for rest time. Remember Emily? Pia and Cordelia, Emily is the person who showed us our cabins.  Well, her camp name is Peanut Butter.  She and Whisper are my cabin counselors. Ursula's are Big Money and Gnarley. The other Councelors are Curly, Spud, Radio, Chaco, Magnificat, and Stitches. Oh, and Mama Toni is the cook, and Nurse Fireweed is guess who? That's right, the nurse. Oops, I forgot Ave. Ave is the spiritual director. I am going to tell you about the surprise when we get home. I can also teach some cool songs. So a normal day for me would be the following: Get up at 7:45, then go to Bathhouse to change. Come back to cabin, and put things away. Go down to flag raising and breakfast. Come back and clean cabin. Go to Arts and Crafts. Then waterfront, then lunch, and rest time. Rest hour is pretty much maptime. Then Alaska survival. Then Archery. Then Field sports and rockwall. Then freetime until dinner, then evening event, then flag lowering. then get ready for bed and shower and winner circle. Bedtime at 9:00. So, that's what camp is like.
Love, Louisa (Whisper, Jr.)

Before


Dear Mom and Dad,
Hi! Camp is Great. Absolutely Great! I know all the girls in my cabin. They are really nice. We have 2 counselors in our cabin, (including the counselors) we get to have a "Camp Name". It's like a nickname. Mine is Very Beary. Moira doesn't have one yet. I miss you all a lot. We have gone on the Blob. It was scary but fun. We have 5 activities each day. I am in the Bear group, which is the oldest group. Every day we have 1. Survival Alaska, 2. Archery/ Slingshots, lunch, rest hour, 3. fieldsports, 4. Arts and Crafts, and best of all, 5. Waterfront (swimming). In survival Alaska , we have learned how to fish for minnows and to make a fire and smores. We split into 4 groups, and each group had to make their own fire. Archery is super fun. Guess what? In arts and Crafts I made a fishing pole for Silvia! We got to climb the Giant Rock Wall and it was Awesome! I really, really miss everyone.
Love , Ursula
After

1 comment: