This recipe is adapted from CountryLiving.com. I feel like I have really improved it.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like chunky)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
Mix these ingredients together and cook like you would any other pancakes. Maybe a little lower temperature than normal. Coconut oil instead of butter adds a nice flavor dimension.These are really good with maple syrup on top. Applesauce or rhubarb sauce would be a tasty option for those on a diet. I imagine they would also be good with chopped banana instead of bacon. Or, frankly, in addition to bacon. What about maple flavored bacon! This recipe doubles easily but, as you can imagine, they are pretty filling. Good for breakfast or dinner. This recipe is a winner in our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment